I am Máté Solymosi and this is my website. Feel free to read my introduction but don't expect to find much stuff here as the site is far from complete.
I am 21-year-old college student currently studying Finance and Accounting and Business Information Technology at Corvinus University of Budapest. I plan to graduate in 2015 and 2016, respectively.
I am also an IT enthusiast mainly interested in web design and development. Unlike accounting, I already have 3-6 years of experience in various web and desktop development technologies, including (but not limited to) the following:
- HTML, CSS, JS » I have up-to-date knowledge of client-side web development technologies, including related stuff like jQuery and SASS.
- PHP, MySQL, Symfony » 6 years of experience with PHP and MySQL. I also used Symfony 1.x for about 2 years, which gave me a solid understanding of MVC frameworks.
- Ruby on Rails » I just love developing in Rails 3.x, so I do that a lot. This gives me and my clients a huge advantage in a country where practically everyone else uses PHP.
- Desktop development » 4 years of experience with C# and .NET. I also used to develop in VB6, but I was happy to abandon it in favor of C#.
- Server administration » I run a home server fully equipped with Windows 2008, an Apache web server, a virtualized ISA server machine, Active Directory for the home network and other networking services (DNS, DHCP, etc). The fact that you're reading this means that everything is up and running.
- IT security » I always develop with security best-practices in mind and have extensive knowledge of web application security vulnerabilities and their countermeasures. I also have some experience in securing desktop computers and small networks and know a little about applied cryptography as well.
I live in Hungary, a country with a still developing web culture, where — unfortunately — price is more important than quality. Newcomers to webdesign tend to think that with some limited HTML, CSS and PHP skills they can call themselves web designers, resulting in countless unusable and badly-designed websites out there.
I am determined not to be like them. For years I've been reading blogs of webdesign, usability, marketing, etc. experts I look up to. Although it is real-life experience that really matters in the IT world, it's essential to know about the current trends and the newest technologies so that I don't get left behind.
I've been doing freelancing jobs for about 3 years. Most of my projects are smaller websites, but I've also worked on larger web applications as well. I'm always ready for new challenges, so feel free to contact me if you need a developer for your project.
Your project — Check out your ongoing development project — Authentication required
Your files — View and download files I uploaded for you — Authentication required
Email: mate at solymo.si — PGP key